Choose and Cut Tree Varieties Include:
This Tree is my House!
Hacienda Orchards is an organic farm where we use natural pesticides to minimize the possibility of insects in your tree. This produces a tree that is completely natural with no toxic chemicals to humans. However, in some cases some unhatched eggs may still be in the tree.
Don’t panic! The types of bugs inhabiting your jolly Christmas tree are harmless and won’t destroy your home (though, don’t squash the bugs as it may leave marks on furniture and walls).
Most Christmas tree insects don’t live off the tree, only in it. Your home’s environment isn’t suitable to them so they will dry out and die before ever venturing out.
You should by no means clean or flush the tree free of bugs, as this will damage the tree. Anyway, there is nothing to fear. You need to take into consideration that there are plenty of insects and bugs in potted plants that are regular features in most households. We recommend the following steps for you to enjoy your Christmas tree well past Christmas.
1. When Choosing a tree examine the undersides of branches and trunk. Prune any branches you find with eggs
2. Leave the Christmas tree in your garage at least one day
3. Get a white sheet and shake the tree vigorously over it to dislodge any eggs
4. Vacuum any insects on or around the tree
5. Keep the tree away from sources of heat